Friday 31 March 2023

A Song

 Hi Blogheads,

Today I'm going to tell you about a song I enjoy listening to at the moment. The song is a Chinese pop song from 2021. It's called Dangerous Party and it's performed by Wang Yi Tai & Choco.


I think the first time I heard the song was sometime early 2022 in Decathlon in Guangzhou. I was with my wife buying some sport's goods and this song came on over the loud speaker system. As we were paying for our goods my wife decided to ask the shop assistant if he knew who sang the song. We tried to describe the song but our Chinese was poor and he didn't speak any English. Finally, my wife managed to communicate her idea and although the assistant didn't know the song, he gave us a print out of all the songs the shop had played in the previous hour. Later in the day I searched through them all on YouTube and we managed to find it.

I think I like it because it reminds me of our time in China. Its a total pop song but it has soul (which allows me to categorize it as good pop). I like the mix, the singers have good voices and the song has a good groove that's easy to dance to. I guess this song has a fairly retro feel. We listen to once or twice a week and any time we feel like dancing around together:)

I have a wide taste in music but recently I haven't come across anything new that has really moved me. I have really enjoyed Kendrick Lamar's new work but as he is attempting to push and expand the boundaries Hip-Hop his songs are not always easy listening. However, as an extra bonus, I'll leave this amazing track from De La Soul ft. Estelle 

Write about a song you are listening to at the moment.

Say:

What the song is called,

When you heard it for the first time,

Why you like it,

How often you listen to it.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Try to write at least 150 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's post and a comment on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.

5 comments:

Test Practice

https://www.examenglish.com/PET/PET_listening.html Do ALL notes & multiple choice sections