Friday 14 April 2023

A Photograph (or two!)

 Hi Fau Bloggers,

Today I'd like to write about 2 photographs I like. One is a photo of me, the 2nd a photo I took. 

The first photo is a photo of me from 1980 when I was 20 years old. It was taken in a photo booth in Leeds (a city in the North of England). I was at a Punk/New Wave music festival with a couple of friends. I like this photo because it reminds of when I was young & innocent (ha!ha!). I was quite fashion conscious at that age. I was a big fan of David Bowie and I often wore make-up and quite outlandish clothes (often with styles copied from Bowie). My hair was dyed red. It used to be curlier but the dye make if frizz out. Nowadays, I look around FAU and see lots of interesting fashion statements and, in my experience, it's always good to remind yourself of what you were like when you were younger.   


The second photo is of a waterfall in Zhejiang Province in China. I visited the waterfall in July 2022 with my wife and a Chinese friend called Vera. It's actually the highest waterfall in Asia and their are 2 other beautiful and impressive waterfalls nearby on the same stretch of river. My wife and I were living in Wenzhou which is in the same province but a couple of hours away by car. We went for the weekend and stayed in a really nice, rustic hotel which has a cave cellar underneath where the owner makes traditional Chinese alcohol called Bai-jiu, the Chinese equivalent of Pisco. We walked from the hotel to the entrance of the park with the waterfall, which was about 10 kilometres, which took us a while because it was really hot. The park was beautiful and unspoilt except for the carved steps. It seems there are carved steps everywhere in China. I like this photo because it reminds me of a fairytale image or something from Lord of the Rings. 

Write about a photograph (or 2!) you like.

Say:
When the photograph is from,
What it shows,
Why you like it,
What it reminds you of.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting.

Try to write at least 175 words. Leave a comment on your teacher's blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates. 

3 comments:

Test Practice

https://www.examenglish.com/PET/PET_listening.html Do ALL notes & multiple choice sections