Friday 9 June 2023

London

London is an amazing city. I lived there from the end of 1983 to 1989, first in Camberwell and later in Clapham & Fulham before settling in Stockwell for 2 years. I guess the city was different then (for example, there was no London eye) and a lot of the things I enjoyed aren´t possible any longer.

I had a couple of part-time jobs when I lived in London first running a rehersal studio for bands and then as a photographer (6 months) and then a photographer´s assistant. My main activity was making music.

One thing I loved about London was the markets, because they were really cheap and interesting.

Portabello Road was the place to go to find vinyl records (especially bootleg recordings) but Brixton Market, which was close to my home, was also good. East Street Market had the best food. It had a 24-hour bagel shop (it still exisits!) which we would go to a 6am when the underground night clubs finished.

Camden was best for clothes and fashion. There were also a lot of "Theives Markets" simillar to El Bio-Bio market circa 2000.

 

Write a short post about something you would like to do or see if you went to London. Say why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Practice

https://www.examenglish.com/PET/PET_listening.html Do ALL notes & multiple choice sections